Esoteric Diatribe
Welcome to E*D!
Feel free to look around
and share your opinion.
News
Yahoo News
Google News
Drudge Report
Fox News
WSJ Opinion Journal
News My Way
The White House: Current News
Waffles Campaign
Esoteric Diatribe
Waffles
What is the Waffles Campaign?
Read about it:
USA Today
The Pittsburgh Tribune Review
Wired News
Guardian Unlimited
The Mercury News
San Diego Union-Tribune or check out
The Archives

The Waffles Campaign was a huge success. Thanks to all who participated!!!
Learn more about Google Bombs.
Russ Vaughn Submissions
The Russ Vaughn Collection
Site Feed
Site Feed
Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Response to the GOP Calls for Support

I'm sure you are all getting the emails about now telling you to support or rally against Supreme Court Nominee Judge Roberts. I am going to respond to one such email conversation style as if anyone at the top were actually listening to the base.
Dear Ken,

Tonight, President Bush made one of the most important announcements of his Presidency: his nomination of Judge John G. Roberts Jr. to be a United States Supreme Court Justice. Judge Roberts is a highly qualified man with sterling judicial credentials.
Alright, why don't you tell me more about him. Prior to a few days ago very few people had ever heard of him, you need to tell us WHY he is qualified, not that he is qualified. You need to tell us what his credentials are, not that he has them.
He is fair-minded and compassionate and understands his job is to faithfully interpret the Constitution, not to legislate from the bench.
Ok, he is a strict constructionist, not an activist. But is he another Scalia, Thomas, or Rhenquist, or is he more along the lines of a Kennedy or Souter? This is important, I don't want to see centrists. I want a court full of Scalias, Thomases, and Rhenquists.
President Bush selected Judge Roberts after an unprecedented outreach effort, consulting with Democrats and Republicans alike. He has been thorough, thoughtful and deliberate throughout the entire process.

Now he needs your help.
Let's be serious, if the President really needed MY help, I am sure he would find a way to contact me personally.
To ensure Judge Roberts is confirmed by the U.S. Senate, I need you to do three things.
And if I do these three things, Roberts will be appointed? I am still not even sure this is the right thing. I still don't believe the Roberts has been vetted. We should at least wait and see what he has to say before the Senate. Who am I to second guess the President, but who are you to tell me to support a guy I don't feel I know very much about.
1. Call your senators, tell them Roberts has your support and deserves theirs.
Right, cause if I do this the Senator is going to make up his/her mind based on what I think and not what is best for their political career...
2. Sign our petition in support of the timely confirmation of Judge Roberts.
Up or down in a timely fashion, who would be opposed to that?
3. Call talk radio, write a letter to the editor of your local paper and tell your friends and neighbors why you support the President's choice.
I don't know why I support him because I still don't know anything about him....
Judge Roberts has a record that demonstrates a commitment to faithfully applying the Constitution and not legislating from the bench. For more information on the nominee go to www.JudgeRoberts.com
Finally, you try to educate me about the man!
The bottom line is the President needs your help. By taking the actions above, your elected officials, your party and your friends, family, and neighbors will know you stand with the President in support of this outstanding nominee.

It is imperative you do all you can to help Judge Roberts become the next Supreme Court Justice. Thank you for all your hard work.

Sincerely,

Ken Mehlman,
RNC Chairman
Imperative? I don't know that it is imperative that I do as you ask. What if I said it is imperative you bring me a doughnut. Would you?


Google
Web Esoteric * Diatribe
Great Americans
Ronald Reagan
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Frederick Douglas
This list will continue to grow.
Suggest a Great American.
See rules.
Email
Have something to say?
email me

Proud to have been assciated with:





RightNation.US America's #1 Conservative Community


Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares
Blog Roll
(some of this is reciprocal, others are sites I just like to read)
Evangelical Outpost
Powerline
A Perfect Contradiction
Discerning Texan
Incessant Rant
Conservative Eyes
Jeff Blanco
Tom Metzger Family
Boston Brat
Secure Liberty
Big White Hat
The View From The Core


line em up.... knock em down