I came across this gem while reading through various news stories. It looks like the Dems are running into some dissent in the ranks, provided are some excerpts:
I read the news today, oh boy...
It's been months since Kerry has effectively been the Democratic candidate and I don't know any plan he has for America. All he's running on is undoing Bush's policies. How does that help? His only plan is to send us back four years? Are you kidding?
His whole agenda is based on undoing rather than doing. And everything else is just empty rhetoric. Here, I'll show you what I mean: (Taken from Johnkerry.com - on the issues)
1. On the economy: "John Kerry is unveiling a comprehensive economic agenda that will unleash the productive potential of America's economy to help it create 10 million jobs in his first term as President."
-Thanks John, let me know when it's actually unveiled okay?
2. Winning the Peace in Iraq: "What’s needed now is leadership – to finish the job in Iraq the right way – because America can and must do better."
-I know it's fun to guess and all, but could you be a little more specific about what the right way is? Oh wait, here it is: "the establishment of a high commissioner for governance and reconstruction, and the creation of a NATO mission for Iraq."
-Ahhh, more beauracracy - thanks Kerry, that's exactly what we need more red tape and paper pushers. Let me know how that works out for you. Sure seems to be working pretty well for the environment.
3. Access to Affordable Health Care: "John Kerry believes that your family’s health is just as important as any politician's in Washington. Our nation needs a leader who has the courage to take on the big insurance and drug companies to make that same health care plan affordable for every American."
-Agreed, but if only we had, oh I don't know, a specific plan to achieve that.
4. Education: "By supporting teachers, reducing class sizes, rebuilding crumbling schools, and standing up for high standards in our public education system, John Kerry has the courage to fight for our children’s future every day."
-Is this a policy or an answer from a Ms. America pageant? And where does this money come from during a war?
5. "John Kerry is for the children of America."
-Thank God! With all those Anti-children candidates out there I think it's great that Kerry sets himself apart.
[A]nd it goes on like that. I'm not trying to bash Kerry, but why should I vote for a guy with hollow policy ideas who tells our country that for four years we've been wrong. His only specific policies are in direct opposition to Bush's policies.
[I]f this is the best they can come up with I'd rather spend my vote elsewhere. You want me to vote for a Democrat give me someone I can believe in. I'm not voting for Kerry simply because I don't like Bush - that's not enough of a reason for me. I'm a voter not an anti-voter.
Well this gives me hope for Democrats. I am glad they can see the mess they have gotten themselves into by picking a lib like Kerry. Between this piece and Zell Miller's (Dem Sen. Ga) comments this afternoon on Sean Hannity's Radio Show (I am looking for a transcript) I am feeling pretty good about this election in November.